Astek Foundation Coating is a system derived from Astek's proven tank and aquarium lining system which has been in service world wide for 25 years. The system consists of two components:
1. An acrylic modified cementitious mortar (Tapecrete) which provides both the smooth substrate and the protective cover for the second component:
2. An acrylic liquid applied elastomeric coating (Elastra ER100) which applies like paint but cures to a flexible membrane.
Combining these components creates a durable waterproofing system with the following advantages:
- 1. It is a seamless system which extends from the top of the footing to the underside of the wall cladding
- 2. No parging is required below the wall cladding since the system is impervious to UV degradation.
- 3. No protection board is required. The acrylic mortar cover is extremely abrasion resistant.
- 4. Less surface preparation is required than for most other systems.
- 5. It may be applied to fresh concrete or damp concrete. In fact, the system must be applied to damp concrete. This results in faster turnaround times.
- 6. It is easily patched and maintained.