MarineCoat – NSF 61-372 Certified
ASTEK MarineCoat is a three component water based coating containing an acrylic liquid blend, Portland cement and fine aggregate. It is essentially an enhanced version of our Tapecrete system with an increased polymer content. The system has a 30 year product history in salt and fresh water applications worldwide.
ASTEK MarineCoat is used for the corrosion protection of steel structures in a sea or fresh water or salt spray environment such as:
- potable water, grey water, black water tanks, bilges, fish holds and void spaces for ships
- bridge decks
- ship decks
- manhole lining
- drilling platforms
- sea walls of sheet piling
- structural steel members with large surface areas
- interior and exterior surfaces of water towers
- floating dry docks
- above grade and subgrade tanks and pipes and other steel structures
When exposed to traffic apply a wear resistant MarineCoat topping as follows:
- occasional pedestrian and vehicular traffic (1.5 mm thick topping)
- heavy pedestrian and light vehicular traffic (3.0 mm thick topping)
- heavy vehicular traffic (6.0 mm thick topping)
Completed in 2000 and still going strong!
- bonds well to properly prepared steel surfaces and does not require painting
- provides an alkaline coating which passivates the steel preventing corrosion.
- minor holidays in the coating do not prevent the passivation of the steel
- reduces construction delays: construction, welding and coating operations can proceed simultaneously
- allows trapped vapors to escape thereby preventing blistering of the coating
- provides a non-dusting, water shedding surface
- is not affected by ultra violet light
- is not affected by chemicals ranging from mild acids to strong bases
- does not affect the health of workmen
- is non-flammable
- does not release toxic gases
- most properties improve with age
- no harmful solvents are required during the installation
- it is a green product safe for both applicators and end users
Textures and Colors
Textures vary from rough broom to textured paint finish depending on the roughness of the subsurface and method of application.
Standard mortar pigments may be used to color MarineCoat.